Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Balance

Today was my first real day back at work and officially in the office. With that said, it was the first time EVER that I have left Evelyn with someone for an entire day, except for her Daddy. It was quite a big step for me, or for "us" for that matter. I only called to check in twice with Ashleigh (our part-time nanny) and although I thought about her all day long... I did manage to get some work done and focus on something else for a while. I even went to lunch with a coworker and when the waiter at the restaurant dropped a glass, I jumped thinking that it was too loud for Evie and that she would likely cry (she startles easily)... then I remembered that she wasn't there. It was definitely a strange feeling. I realized today that it will take me a while to get really comfortable with having someone watch my little girl, but it is really refreshing to separate myself from time to time and be the woman that I was before motherhood. I love being a mom and I love being me- I am just now learning how to do both. Its that "Balance" I guess we are all looking for.

1 comment:

reese said...

Good for you, Stef! The balance will come with time...although you will still feel pulled in one direction (usually toward the Mommy side) at times. Good luck!