Wednesday, December 2, 2009

12 Days of Giving

A friend of mine, Bethany, has put forth a challenge.... or really more of a inspirational message, to "give" for the next 12 days. With that in mind, I will be posting my gifts to others and I hope that in the spirit of the holidays, in the spirit of helping those that are in need, and in the spirit of making someone else smile, you too will consider undertaking the 12 days of giving.

I think I am a day behind.... however, that's okay, because my 12 days can start now!! :) I am going to begin with somewhat of a sad story, because it puts context behind my gift. Raquel is a woman that helps me with the girls on Wednesday mornings. She really only is there to assist with Evie, but regardless, she is a wonderful lady and is wonderful with both of my kids. She is loving, giving and full of faith. About 3 weeks ago her own daughter had a little boy. He was born a few weeks early, but was a healthy 6lbs and 13oz with no complications. On Thanksgiving morning, her little grandson lost his life. They still don't have all of the answers, but regardless of the medical cause, my heart hurts for them. As a parent I cannot imagine the pain that she, her daughter, and their entire family must feel. This holiday season is going to be nothing less than painful.

I was trying to rack my brain and come up with something that I thought might make just one moment easier for them and flowers just doesn't do it for me. With that said, I decided to put together a care package for them. So far I have included homemade lasagna, bread & salad, flowers, a card, a necklace for Raquel's daughter with a charm on it with his birthstone... and thinking of a few more stuff. To be delivered tomorrow. I only wish there was something more to ease the pain, but I guess only faith can do that.

Life with Bubba, Chicky and Nika

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Ok lady, I have chills going up and down my spine. Oh, this poor family! :( I know you will put a smile on their face and make their hearts happy! Thanks for participating Steph!