Monday, December 7, 2009

12 Days of Giving- Day 4 & 5

I woke up this morning wondering how I was going to "give" today and I thought, I will just look for the right moment and when it hits me, I'll know it. I got up, started the standard morning routine on little sleep as usual... got Evie up and settled in the basement to play while I got Sarah changed and nursed. Then, as I was feeding the girls breakfast and waiting for our nanny to get there (so I could finish getting ready for work), I was thinking about about how much I really am thankful to have her in our lives. Her relationship with Evie is amazing and her love for both of my kids is always evident.

I don't know honestly how I would survive going to work without her. I do feel very blessed to have her and I don't think I tell her that enough. With all the love and security that she gives to my family, I am forever grateful.

When she arrived today I made sure that I said "thank you" for all that she does and told her how much I appreciate her. I am also putting together a great collage of the girls for her for Christmas and having her family over to the house for dinner. I need to remind myself sometimes not to take blessings that we have for granted.
A "thank you" each day will go a long way.


Life with Bubba, Chicky and Nika

No comments: