Thursday, January 22, 2009

Only Me

So today I went back to work... well kind of. It's been just under a year since I turned into a full time mommy from a full time consultant. Its been quite a change to say the least. A good one of course, but with it's own challenges. I always thought that when I was working that staying home with the kids looked like a piece of cake. I mean, I had to get up for work everyday, go into an office, work on a computer all day, talk to clients, run around from meeting to meeting.... it had to be easier to just wake up, stay at home, play with the kids, hang out in her pajamas. Right? Well..... now I will just say, both are hard at times and have perks at times. However, being a mom is a MUCH more challenging job, as its 24 hours a day, everyday. All of which I love of course :) But heading to happy hour for a glass of pinot noir after a long day at the office is no longer.

So as I was saying, today was my first day "kind of" back. Meaning, I actually went into the office for some meetings and to do some real work. It felt good- but also because I knew Daddy was home with Evie and I didnt have to worry. When childcare comes into the mix, which should be soon, it will be a different story I can imagine. Dont want to think about it just yet :)

The day was good- now I am home back on Mommy duty. Oh, and did I mention... on my first day back I dropped my $2K laptop and shattered the screen. Yeah... only me. Im lucky they like me around there.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Whoa two updates two days in a row! Go you!

What type of consulting do you do? Sounds important! LOL

Nice work on the laptop!

Stefanie said...

I work for a very small consulting firm owned by husband and wife. We do business/process improvement work. Hard to explain- ha ha. Yeah, I know, good thing it was my old laptop that I had been using for over 4 yrs and it was ready to be replaced anyways.