Thursday, May 22, 2008

Family Love

Its a great thing to grow up with brothers, sisters and cousins in a large family. Today, as EV and I were hanging out at the Fakhouri house, I looked at EV and Christian (her cousin) and realized that a new generation is here and our family is really growing. As they grow up together, being there for eachother and having a strong bond, they will never have to worry about needing friendship and love, because they are family. Its our jobs as parents to provide them the opportunity to build these life-long relationships.


Family life is full of major and minor crises -- the ups and downs of health, success and failure in career, marriage, and divorce -- and all kinds of characters. It is tied to places and events and histories. With all of these felt details, life etches itself into memory and personality. It's difficult to imagine anything more nourishing to the soul.-- Thomas Moore

2 comments:

reese said...

They look so sweet together! Great post!

Bethany said...

Those pics are so cute. I grew up very close to my cousins too and I couldn't have asked for anything better. I swear, I have a pic of Payton laying on a bed just like this .. I'm sending you that one too. LOL!