Thursday, August 27, 2009

Terrible Two's Already??

Evelyn is 18 months old and recently she has been throwing legitimate "temper tantrums" when she doesn't get what she wants. This is all so new to me because Evie was the baby that only cried when she was hurt, hungry or scared. Actually she didn't even really cry when she was hungry as a baby. She was an angel.

However, over the past few months Evelyn has started getting really upset when told "no" or when I remove her from a situation I don't want her in. Like pulling an electrical cord or the dog's tail. At first she just went along with it, but now she screams, cries, arches her back, lays down on the ground, etc. I am like, what the hell is this???? Isn't it a little early for these terrible two temper tantrums?

I've always known Evie had a mind of her own.... just look at how she has responded to any type of therapy since she was a baby. Now I guess since she has the confidence to be more mobile she is ready to fight back :) This girl is strong... I can barely hold her down in the bathtub to rinse her hair.

Anyways- I guess my little girl is growin up.

No comments: